B.E (Hons) Mechanical & Marine Engineering.
B.E Mechanical and Marine Engineering Training program will foster students to have a beautiful career in Marine Engineering with sufficient knowledge supplement on practical skills.
4 Years (Approximate) including placement year leading to BEng Mechanical and Marine Engineer. [Includes 9 months of placement duration]
Educational Qualification :
10+2 Science with 60% or 3 years Diploma in Engineering (All streams from a recognized institute or University)
3,90,000 INR per year. Applicants are required to submit 90,000 INR(one time only), a non-refundable deposit with their application form, which is inclusive of the course fees. Deposits can be paid by bankers demand draft and made payable to ‘Springdale Academy of Maritime Education and Training Trust (SAMET)’.
Overview of the course:
You will study the following modules:
- Engineering Mathematics
- Thermodynamics & Fluid Mechanics
- Marine Electrical Systems
- Applied mechanics
- Engineering Knowledge
Further Progression to Level 5 & 6 top-up degree programme at LJMU(1+2):
Initially, there will be a 36 weeks training at SAMET on Level-4 Cert HE along with STCW basic training.
The 2nd phase of education will be at LJMU for another 36 weeks for obtaining Level 5 honor.
Post that, a workshop training of 14 weeks will commence on-board a ship. This is required for obtaining EOOW certification.
The Phase 4 training will be for Level 6 degree honors. This 36 week program will cover subjects like Thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer; Dynamics and Control; Structural Integrity; Materials Engineering; Manufacturing Processes and Industrial Automation; Dynamics and Control.
Phase 5 is for sea service learning exposure of 25 weeks required for MCA oral examination for EOOW certificate of competency.
Phase 6 enables cadets to learn STCW Ancillary Advanced Courses followed by preparing them for MCA oral examination for EOOW certificate of competency.
Short Courses Title:
• Advanced Fire Fighting
• Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
• Medical First Aid Certificates
• IAMI EK Examinations
At Springdale Maritime Academy
9 months of CertHE/EOOW/Marine Engineering+Basic STCW
9 months of Sailing as Engineer Cadet
USD 250- USD300 PM
At Liverpool John Moores University
Obtain EOOW UK CoC
After 12 months of sailing as 4th/3rd Engineer appear for
USD 2000-USD 5000 PM
After 18 months of sailing as second engineer appear for
USD 6500-USD 9000 PM
You will be the Chief Engineer of a vessel
USD 10,500-USD 12,000 PM
Why Study this Course at SAMET?
One of SAMET’s objectives is to provide world class training in Merchant Navy and to develop students as independent learners, preparing them for a career as a Merchant Navy Deck/Engineer Ofﬁcer with the knowledge, skills and attitudes which such an undertaking demands.
It seeks to achieve this by offering a curriculum of studies that collectively represents the demands of the industry. It aims to accomplish this by providing courses approved by LJMU at a LEVEL 4 of the CertHE Programme progressing to studying DipHE in the University. Through this study the students will be able to develop their knowledge, aptitudes and interests in the Merchant Navy. It will also help them form an individual group of integrated skills for the students to study in greater depth, thereby encouraging them further to go for higher studies in future. Further specialist studies will enable the learners to build a career in management in the wider maritime industry.
Apart from the above, those students interested in a deeper study or wishing to consider other opportunities in the marine industry including ship management, business, nautical surveying, research and marine education will have the opportunity to study variety of courses in LJMU which is the franchisor of SAMET or opt for research studies.
As one of the largest maritime education provider based in eastern part of India and having a training experience of over 700 Deck Cadets so far, SAMET is very much aware of the changing maritime business needs in the industry as a whole and is committed to growing and adapting the Academic Center to meet emerging needs in the maritime business.
The study in SAMET will allow the students to:
- Receive comprehensive academic training in Nautical Science thereby helping them obtain a qualiﬁcation from world class University, Liverpool John Moores University.
- Receive additional fully integrated training on occupational competency about conduct and job onboard. This program includes training on our state of the art bridge and engine room simulators and various other practical cadetship training, which will prepare the cadets for disciplined Life at Sea.
- To be able to accomplish the above in training, SAMET’s training facilities are unrivaled nationally and rivals the best maritime institutes around the world. Its state of the art simulations and safety training ground provide the very best opportunity for cadets to train for real life situation using the most advanced maritime industry standard equipment.
- SAMET’s facilities include Bridge, High Voltage and Liquid Cargo operation simulators for higher standard training. Our specialist training facility is the only one in the East of India and among a few Academic Centers in the world with all training facilities under one roof.
- All our classrooms are equipped with the latest smart teaching equipment to make each session more interactive and comprehensive. And all of the classrooms being air-conditioned provides comfort to the students. The academy has an independent air-conditioned hostel facility with clean and hygienic dining area, posh restaurant, gymnasium and recreation area for students.